Sexy hips don’t come just by wishing, sometimes, they are built. To achieve that sexy figure you always dreamt of, here are some of the exercises you need to help tone your hips and buttocks area
Squats are one of the best exercises that you can do for your hips, thighs and buttocks. They are also good for tightening your body and building strength.
• Stand with your feet apart. For more intensity you can hold weights at shoulder level or by your side.
• Bend your knees and squat. Make sure your buttocks are sticking out, and that your torso is upright and contracted.
• Press into your heels to stand up. Repeat several times
Lunge is a challenging exercise that works several leg muscles at the same time.
• Stand with your right foot forward, left foot back, about three feet apart. For more intensity, hold weights in each hand and keep them down at your sides.
• Bend the knees to lower your body towards the floor. Make sure to keep the front knee behind the toes and to lower yourself straight down and not forward.
• Keep your torso straight and abdomen tucked in as you push yourself up to the standing and starting position.
Don’t lock your knees during the movement.
• Place one foot on a step or platform.
• Push down on your heel to lift your body up. Make sure you use a high enough step and concentrate all your weight on the stepping leg.
• Lower yourself down slowly. You will start feeling it when you take it slow. For more intensity, hold weights in each hand and onto your sides.
Repeat several times.
This is an exercise that specifically targets the buttocks.
• Support yourself on your elbows and on one of your knees. Your other knee should be lifted slightly off the floor and behind the supporting leg.
• Extend your leg up high. Make sure you tighten your buttocks. For more intensity, you can hold a weight or an ankle weight behind your knee.
• Lower your leg to the starting position
Repeat as much as you desire to achieve a satisfying work out.
One legged dead lifts
This is a great exercise for your lower back, buttocks, and hamstrings
• Stand on one leg.
• Bend the leg down. Your other leg should be lifted behind you. For more intensity, you can pick up weights while you bend down on one leg.
• Slowly stand up straight with your other leg slightly lifted from the floor. Make sure your abdomen is contracted.
Repeat several times.
Riding a bike is a great exercise for working out every muscle on your hips, thighs and buttocks.
• Ride on a stationary bike.
• Stand up while riding to work your buttocks and increase your resistance.
If you don’t own a bike you can also try a spinning class at the gym
This is an excellent, everyday exercise that is accessible and works the buttocks especially on hilly terrain. If you’re not an outdoor type, run on the treadmill.
The easiest exercise that you can do anywhere. You can incorporate this all day long.
Punches are also involved in this exercise and it targets your abdomen. Go out and take a walk and for more intensity, take your stroll uphill. This will work your buttocks and burn more calories.